Comfast range extenders are working wonders in the digital arena. Millions depend on installing them in their houses or workplaces so that no corner can be declared a dead zone. However, it becomes difficult for the user to remain connected to the band offering the strongest signals when he roams around the place. In that scenario, enabling the Combine WiFi feature on the Comfast range extender will be a good idea. The feature can be enabled by gaining access to the Comfast WiFi extender setup wizard. Just in case you are wondering how this feature will help you, stick to reading.
What is Combine WiFi Feature?
Generally, a Comfast wireless range extender offers dual-band frequencies. The first one is 2.4GHz whereas the second is 5GHz WiFi signals. FYI, the 2.4GHz WiFi band offers a long transmission range and slow speed. On the other hand, the 5GHz frequency band provides a high-speed internet connection with a lower transmission range. Thus, the user face issues staying connected to the optimal band. But, if you enable the Combine WiFi feature on your Comfast range extender, the extender will automatically switch you to the frequency band offering high-quality performance.
With that said, enabling this feature is one of the choicest options in order to make the internet experience wonderful. Now, have a look at the next section and learn how to enable the Combine WiFi feature on a Comfast range extender.
Steps to Enable Combine WiFi Feature
- Before all else, plug in your Comfast range extender to a power outlet. Right after that, press the Power button on your WiFi device and ensure that all the lights on it have become solid.
- Now, take the assistance of a wire to establish a connection between your WiFi devices. By wire, we are referring to an Ethernet cable and the devices here are your Comfast range extender and router. Those who don’t like a wired connection can make use of a wireless source to get the connection job done.
- Are your WiFi devices connected properly? Well, now, head over to your computer. The computer must be free of viruses as well as updated to the latest OS version. Thereafter, double-click the icon of your favorite internet browser in order to open it.
- Locate the uniform resource locator (URL) field. Once found, click there. As soon as the cursor of the mouse starts blinking input the Comfast WiFi extender login IP address there and press Enter.
- Soon you will come across the admin screen of your Comfast range extender. This screen can also be called the Comfast extender login page. Here, input the default password of your Comfast extender. In case you’ve customized the password, put the new one to use. Select Login.
- Are you able to see the Comfast WiFi extender dashboard? If yes, then you’re now a step away from enabling the Combine WiFi feature on your Comfast extender. On the setup wizard of your Comfast wireless extender, locate the Wireless Settings option and click it.
- A new window revealing certain WiFi settings of your Comfast extender will pop up. Locate the Combine WiFi option. Toggle the button to the ON position. Lastly, click the Save Setting button.
And, you’re done with the process of enabling the Combine WiFi feature on your Comfast range extender. Now, your devices will automatically start accessing the frequency band offering reliable performance. Just in case you face any problems while enabling the Combine WiFi feature, you can take the help of the tips mentioned in the next section.
Tips to Successfully Enable Combine WiFi Feature
- There should be no fluctuation in the electricity being supplied to your Comfast range extender as well as the host router.
- Wired connectivity between your Comfast extender and router must be nowhere near loose. It can be ensured only if the connection is finger-tight and the Ethernet cable is free of cuts.
- The web browser employed for the process of enabling the Combine WiFi feature must brag about an updated software version. Otherwise, no matter what you do, hurdles won’t get cleared from your path.
- Apart from being updated, the web browser should not be consisting of unnecessary files. You can get rid of them by going through the settings of the web browser.
- You should enter the default IP address as well as the password of your Comfast extender very carefully. The password is of case-sensitive nature whereas the IP entree does not afford typos.
This was all about how to enable the Combine WiFi feature on your Comfast range extender after logging in to it. We hope that this article will help you with the process. However, if you own a Comfast router too and looking to tweak its settings, you should access the Comfast router login page.