Manufacturing an aluminium ute canopy on your own is not as easy as it seems and you need some proper experienced professionals by your side for help. The steps are more or less simple, but only if you have all the tools right by your side. You need someone to help you weld aluminium. They will help you with the cutting and fitting and will further cover the welding on your behalf.
It is recommended to start from the bottom half to make your way to the top. There are some serious steps involved and you better get started with them right away!
The vital steps to follow
There is hardly going to be much difference between the steel tuning with 1.6mm wall thickness and the 3mm aluminium wall thickness. You can weld the steel on your own, but if you are residing near the coast, it is better to get it galvanised. But, let’s focus on some steps revolving around manufacturing aluminium ute canopy right now.
· You need to weld the bottom frame first and focus on the size of the load bin. Measure the load bin as you have to build the canopies on top of it.
· However, the canopies need to be a bit smaller in size when compared to the load bins.
· After that, it is time to weld the upright legs. You can make the canopy a bit lower than the cab to minimise wind resistance.
· Next step is to focus on the number of doors you want to install on your canopies. You can either opt for one or two doors.
· Adding two doors is important as it helps in adding a pillar in the middle, making the canopy stronger.
· Make sure to install the base frame first and then you can move onto welding the upright legs onto it. You have to weld it slightly so that you can move it afterwards when the need arises.
Once the base is secure and strong, it is time to move towards the upper frame and start building the body of the aluminium canopy for your UTE truck.
Always call the experts for help
Make sure to always give professionals a call because the last thing you want to do is try making aluminium Ute canopy without any training or knowledge. Remember to visit the official website of Ozi4*4 and get some quality UTE canopies in the best aluminium materials right by your side.