Every WiFi device has a network key which is generally known as a WiFi password. Therefore, it is mandatory that it should be confidential. Not only this, but it also must be strong and difficult to guess. Else, there are chances of your WiFi network being leeched. In case you own an Amped wireless extender, then we can help you prevent your WiFi from being leeched.
Wondering how? The answer is by changing the network key of your Amped extender. If you’re unaware of the process to change the Amped extender’s network key, then we’ve got you covered. Because this post is all about that. Here, you’ll learn the complete instructions to assign a new network key to your Amped wireless extender. So, read on.
Steps to Amped Extender Network Key
- First of all, get hold of your Amped wireless range extender and connect its power adapter to it.
- Already did it? Good! Now, insert the power adapter into a wall socket and turn on your Amped device by pressing the Power button.
- Very soon, the extender’s LED lights will start glowing.
- Take an Ethernet cable and use it to create the extender-router connection.
- You can also use a wireless source but there must be no fluctuation in signals.
- Now, switch on your computer or laptop whichever device you own.
- As soon as your device is ready for use, open your favorite internet browser.
- Your favorite internet browser is supposed to be secure.
- Go to the address bar.
- Type the Amped login default web address into it and press the Enter key.
- Soon, you will see the official login window of your extender prompting you to enter the username and password.
- Once there, enter the Amped login credentials that you’ve assigned to it after setting up the extender.
- Click the Login button.
- The dashboard of your Amped device will appear on the screen.
- Now, click the Wireless Settings tab and go to the Extended Network Security option and click it.
- The Extended Network Settings page will welcome you.
- Now, fill in the new passphrase into the Extended Network Security Key field.
- Minimum 8 characters are allowed in the Amped network key.
- Once you are done with entering the new network key, save the changes.
In this manner, you can do Amped extender login and change the network key of your device. In case you are not able to make it to the completion of the process, here’s what you have to do.
Fixed: Can’t Change Amped Extender Network Key
- Your Amped extender and router must be connected to a damage-free power socket. However, you can use a UPS to ensure stable electricity.
- The Ethernet cable connecting your device must be strong. For this, never use the Ethernet cable that has cuts.
- If you have used a wireless source for the extender-router connection, then mind the distance between your devices.
- Consider using an updated and cache-free web browser in order to change the network key of your Amped wireless range extender.
- The computer you are using is supposed to be free of viruses.
- Do not enter the Amped login details carelessly because:
- They are case-sensitive.
- If entered wrong you won’t be able to change the wireless network key of your Amped extender.
- Stay on the Amped extender setup wizard until you are done with the process to change the network key.
- Do not enter the Amped extender’s web URL into the search bar of the internet browser.
- Avoid switching off the extender while assigning a new network key.
After going through the above-discussed Amped wireless troubleshooting techniques, you will be able to change the network key without any hassle. Now, you need not worry about WiFi bandits as a layer of security is now protecting your Amped extender.